Gifts of Real Estate
How It Works
- You deed your home, vacation home, undeveloped property, or commercial building to The Village Family Service Center.
- You may continue to use the property rent-free, and then ownership passes to us when you no longer need it.
- The Village Family Service Center may use the property or sell it and use the proceeds.
- You receive an income tax deduction for the fair market value of the real estate.
- You pay no capital gains tax on the transfer.
- You can direct the proceeds from your gift to a specific program at The Village Family Service Center.